Are you looking for the best niches for a health blog? Choosing a micro-niche within the health blog arena is a good way to narrow your focus and ensure your blog stands out.
Here, I share some excellent health sub-niches for bloggers in 2022, and why health blogging is traditionally difficult to navigate.
Is it difficult to start a health blog?
Health comes under the umbrella of YMYL – your money or your life. These are niches that Google considers to be topics relating to a person’s finances or health.
Typically, general health and finance blogs will struggle to get on page 1 of Google search as these are usually dominated by well-known sources like Healthline, who use expert professionals to ensure all their content is factually correct.
Google favors sites like these to ensure the safety of readers. Let’s say you have a random health blog on page 1 of Google for ‘hayfever treatments’. Providing incorrect information could be potentially harmful – something that Google wants to avoid – that’s why you’ll generally find well-established, credible sources on the first pages of results for medical/health topics.
That’s not to say you shouldn’t start a health blog – if you have expertise within a particular area, then this could be a good niche for you to blog in. For instance, if you suffer from mental health issues, writing a personal blog within this niche could be a good idea.
The best niches for a health blog
Here are some of the best niches for a health blog in 2022.
Nutrition for a certain demographic
How to quit smoking
How to quit alcohol
Mommy health and wellness
Mental health and wellness
Personal experience on a health issue
Fitness or health journey
8 established health blogs to take inspiration from
Now you know these best niches for a health blog in 2022, here are some established health bloggers you may want to check out.
How to make a health blog
If you want to start a health blog, follow these next steps.
- First, it’s important to find your niche. Look at the health niche list above of the best niches for a health blog or do your own research via Google Trends to help narrow down your choice.
- Once you’ve chosen your niche, it’s time to purchase a domain name. This is the website address where your blog will be found. Your domain name can be your own name or it can be related to your health micro-niche.
- Next, it’s time to get hosting. You can use a hosting company like Ionos to ‘host’ your blog – this is essentially where your blog will live on the internet. I personally recommend Ionos as I’ve used them for years and it’s super cheap with no huge increases down the line.
- Once you’ve got your domain and hosting sorted, it’s time to set up your WordPress blog. I suggest using a simple free design like GeneratePress to start with.
- You can now start creating blog posts within your chosen health blog niche.
How to monetize a health blog
Once you start creating content, it’s only natural that you’ll begin thinking about ways to monetize your health blog.
Here are a few ways in which health bloggers make money online:
- Affiliate links in blog posts and emails
- Display ads
- Sponsored content
- Selling your own digital products like courses, books, templates, planners
- Selling physical products
- Offering some form of 1-1 service
What is the best health niche?
The best health niche really depends on where your passion and expertise are. I wouldn’t recommend giving general medical advice on your blog unless you’re a qualified expert.
If you’re searching for a profitable niche, think about all the ways you can monetize your blog and how you can do this within one of the best niches for a health blog.
For instance, if you have a personal depression blog, you could use affiliate links to share the products that have helped you.
If you have a mindfulness blog, you could sell planners or journals, as well as courses or ebooks.
Who is the best health blogger?
What is a healthy lifestyle blog?
A healthy lifestyle blog is a website that shares information on health and wellness, including mental and physical health, nutrition, fitness, and more.
Hopefully, you’ll find these best niches for a health blog useful when starting your own website.
If you need more niche inspiration, these beauty blog niches may interest you.