Do you ever look at a website and drool over its photography? For years, I used to envy the gorgeous styled photos I came across online.
That was until I learned a secret.
Many pro bloggers, content creators, coaches and female entrepreneurs don’t take their own photos – they use business stock photos instead.
Forget using Pixabay or any other generic photography website, you’ll find the very best premium stock photos in this post.
In this guide, you’ll discover:
- The best feminine stock photos online – free and paid options – to elevate your content and take your website to the next level
- Why you should use styled stock photography within your articles, guides, and paid products
- 17 online tools to improve your blogging skills
- 8 pro blogging tips to elevate your website
- 41 best small business ideas for women in 2023
What are stock photos?
Stock photos are pre-taken images that are licensed for specific use. Stock images can be paid or free depending on the source where you find them. Most stock image sites have terms detailing how their photos can be used.
Why use stock photos?
Stock photos are super versatile for users. Here are just some of the benefits of using stock photos:
- Save money on hiring a professional photographer
- No need to take your own images
- A wide selection of beautiful chic stock photos that complement many types of content
- Some stock photos can be edited with overlays and text
- High quality images that look professional
- Suitable for all budgets
- Quick and convenient to use
- You can use them for social media, articles, lead magnets, guides, and more
- One of the best online tools for beginner bloggers
Paid or free feminine stock photos?
Should you use paid or free feminine stock photos?
That really depends on you and your budget. Personally, I prefer to use paid styled stock photography as you can acquire different images than what’s available on free stock photo sites.
Additionally, there is a lack of cute girly images on free photo sites – on paid stock photo memberships and stores, you can get instant access to a vast selection of pretty chic images which can be used for all types of content, including social platforms.
Can you use stock photos without permission?
When it comes to using photos within your content, you can’t simply find an image on Google, download it, and use it as your own – all images have ownership. Most stock websites have varying license terms which you have to abide to.
Most image rights are either royalty-free – you don’t need to pay for the image or give credit, or they have extended/enhanced licenses that allow commercial use, such as using the image on resale products.
Some images may also require an attribution – you need to credit the source. With paid stock photo websites, the majority enable you to use photos without credit. I suggest always checking the terms and conditions beforehand.
Best Feminine Stock Photo Sites
So, what are the best feminine stock photo sites on the web? Here are the creme de la creme for you to peruse.
Best for: Solopreneurs and teams who want to create an impact with their visuals
Styled Stock Society
Styled Stock Society offers on-brand and one-of-a-kind feminine images for women entrepreneurs. They regularly offer new collections of thoughtful feminine styled stock photography, as well as marketing resources, templates, and video clips.
Pricing: $120 quarterly, $360 annually, and $600 per year for agencies
Pros: This stock image membership offers:
- Over 7000 gorgeous chic stock photos
- 1500+ Canva templates
- Curated image collections
- Unlimited downloads
- Video clips
- Monthly caption guides
- Quarterly planning guides
- Marketing toolkits
- Value for money
- Easy to cancel
- Single user licenses unless you purchase the agency subscription
- No monthly option
- If you need a resell license (for templates, themes, websites etc), you need to contact the team beforehand
If you’re looking for polished premium stock images and designer branding on a budget, Haute Stock photo membership is for you.
Haute Stock provide flawless feminine stock photos, videos, and marketing templates to give your content a well-deserved boost. The owner, Rachel, has over a decade of marketing experience which reflects in the professional visuals within the membership.
Price: $39 monthly $139 quarterly, $399 annual
Pros: This stock photo membership contains:
- Over 8000 stock images
- Marketing templates
- Stock videos
- Unlimited downloads
- Images can be edited in Canva
- Free content marketing guides
- Monthly content prompts
- Graphic elements
- No unlimited downloads on the monthly option
- You’ll need to purchase an extended commercial license for reselling in client work or templates.
Best for: Full digital marketing strategy
If you want to find pretty stock images, videos, templates, branding, content plans, and community, then PixiStock is the best option for you. With over 15,000 fresh content ideas, Google Sheets, templates for all social platforms, and a private FB community, this is one of the most extensive stock image memberships for women.
Price: $47 monthly, $127 quarterly, $375 annually
Pros: PixiStock membership includes:
- 10000 stock photos and Canva templates
- 200+ new images added each month
- Social media content planner
- Instagram caption templates
- Access to private Facebook community
- Reels prompts and planner (annual plan)
- Dubsado and Honeybook templates (quarterly and annual)
- 7-day money back guarantee
- No reels prompts for monthly or quarterly plan
- No Dubsado + Honeybook templates for monthly plan
Best for: Free + Paid Options
Ivory Mix has a stunning range of pretty stock photos for business owners. With both free and paid plans available, this membership is ideal for anyone on a budget. Free membership is limited whereas you get much more choice with a paid plan, including videos, templates, captions, and PLR resources.
Price: Free, $67 quarterly, invitation only for yearly.
Pros: Ivory Mix stock photo membership gives you access to:
- Over 10000 stock photos, videos and Canva Templates
- 30 + new social graphics added monthly
- Caption templates
- 100+ new images added monthly
- Private Facebook group
- Resale products
- Monthly marketing workshops
- Free courses with yearly membership
- No paid monthly option
- Yearly plan is invitation only/waitlisted
Best for: Diverse Representation
ColorJoy Stock is a membership that represents all women. Within their stock imagery, you’ll find stunning photos that represent all members of your community, as well as all body and skin types, and opportunities to collaborate on giveaways.
Price: $39 monthly, $99 quarterly, $299 per year
Pros: This membership offers:
- Over 4000 stock images
- Weekly uploads
- Full licensing for client work and products
- A good range of diverse images
- Cancel anytime
- Canva templates and brand kit with quarterly and monthly
- Mini custom styled stock photo collection with yearly only
- Fewer images and templates than other memberships
- No Canva templates for monthly subscriptions
Best for: Desk stock photos
Her Creative Studio
For beautifully designed feminine photos, look no further than Her Creative Studio. Each collection of pretty stock photos includes negative white space for adding text, tech mockups, varying orientations, and Canva + PSD mockups for all users.
Pricing: $117 quarterly, $197 per 6 months, $327 annually
Pros: Her Creative Studio contains:
- 5000+ images
- Done for you Canva templates
- Unlimited access on all plans
- Bonus guides and workbooks
- Unlimited downloads
- Easy to cancel
- New images added monthly
- No monthly option – you can purchase images as individual photos
- Images cannot be used for clients, courses or products
Best for: Marketing
Styled Stock House
With feminine stock images that have been used by Amy Porterfield, Styled Stock House have exceptional chic stock photos to make your brand look more professional. The modern girly images are ideal for all types of business owner. There are 2 new collections every month to look forward to.
Price: $39 monthly, $107 quarterly, $395 yearly
Pros: This stock photo membership includes:
- Over 7000 stock images
- Unlimited downloads
- Monthly marketing content calendar + social media prompts
- Marketing resources
- Easy to cancel
- Cannot download collections on monthly plan
- No Canva templates
Best for: Creative stock images
Editorial Stock Images
If you’re searching for feminine stock images that have the editorial look of a magazine, then this is the membership for you. Editorial Stock Images offer dark and moody images for creatives. If you don’t enjoy the typical ‘pink’ feminine images, you may love this stock site.
Pricing: $49 monthly, $139 quarterly, $499 yearly
Pros: Editorial Stock Images offers:
- Over 3000 high quality stock photos and videos
- New content added monthly
- Unique, creative assets suitable for social, web, newsletters etc
- Stock shop provides commercial use images
- No unlimited downloads on monthly plan
- Personal use only for membership
- No templates or business guides
Best for: Colorful feminine stock photos
She Bold Stock
With beautiful images, packed with color, She Bold Stock photo membership is perfect for business owners that want to make an impact. This stock photo membership takes the guesswork out of creating content so you can spend more time on your work.
Pricing: $75 quarterly, $299 yearly
Pros: She Bold Stock Membership includes:
- Over 5000 stock images and video
- Done for you quotes
- Social and lead magnet templates
- Content planner/strategy resources
- Brand identity boards
- Course creation kits
- Private Facebook community
- Monthly trainings
- No access to brand kits or marketing guides on quarterly plan
Best for: Clean Visuals + Videos
Social Squares has been used by Marie Forleo, Jenna Kutcher, and The Everygirl. Their lifestyle, editorial and mockup images are ideal for all types of content creator, including coaches service providers and bloggers. New assets are added weekly.
Pricing: $39 monthly, $149 quarterly, $499 annually
Pros: Social Squares stock image membership provides:
- Thousands of exceptional stock images and videos
- IG caption prompts
- 10+ Digital Marketing Essentials course modules
- Webinars with guest experts
- No video content on monthly plan
- No Canva templates or assets
Best for: health and wellness business owners
Wellness Stock Shop
Wellness Stock Shop boasts royalty free stock images, social templates, color palettes, and more. Their membership is specially designed for people who want natural looking stock images rather than a cookie-cutter approach.
Pricing: $149 quarterly, $399 annually
Pros: Wellness Stock Shop features:
- 8000+ beautiful stock images
- 100s of customizable Canva templates, including tutorials
- Color palettes and font pairings
- Caption templates and hashtags
- Can be used for client work
- Cancel anytime
- No monthly plan
Best for: Individual feminine stock images
If you don’t want to subscribe to a membership, then Creative Market is the way to go. There are some incredible creatives on there, including Jana Bishop. Her beautiful feminine stock photos and mockups are clean and fresh. You’ll also find Christian stock images here.
Pricing: individually priced from $7. She also has a membership available from $12.99 monthly
- Individual images and bundles available
- Mockup stock images
- Membership option available
- Limited collections available
Floral Deco has a vast number of pretty stock photo collections and graphics, from lifestyle and travel to themed images. The neutral bundles and stock images are reasonably priced and suitable if you only require a couple of images for your projects.
Pricing: Individually priced
- A vast number of collections and stock images available
- Individual stock images
- Some bundles are expensive
A Quiet Story
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the vast selection of stock images on offer, A Quiet Story provides a more straightforward option. Her thoughtful feminine images are ideal for book or vintage bloggers, as well as creatives and coaches.
Pricing: Individually priced from $9
- Individual stock photos
- No subscription required
- Very limited choice
If you’re searching for pretty mockups, Dainty Darling has you covered. You’ll find an exquisite range of notebook, mug, and frame mockups, as well as styled stock imagery.
Pricing: Individually priced from $6.
- No stock photo membership subscription
- Stylish stock images and mockups
- Limited choice
Best for: Budget Feminine Stock Photography
Katie Harp Creative
For those on a budget, Katie Harp Creative has a wide range of styled stock photos that match your brand. The high quality images also include Canva templates and social graphics to help give your business a new lease of life.
Pricing: $47 quarterly, $107 one time fee
Pros: Katie Harp Creative stock photo membership gives you:
- Over 2270 stock images
- Photo packs in varying colors
- Mockup stock images
- 800+ pages of Canva templates
- Free blog planner
- 200+ hashtag ideas
- Affordable one-time fee
- No videos
- Extended commercial license needed for reselling
Best for: Lifestyle stock photos
Stocklane boasts gorgeous lifestyle stock images for bloggers, creatives and entrepreneurs. Monthly membership is available for a low fee and a new collection is released every month.
Pricing: $9.99 monthly, $99 yearly
Pros: Stocklane stock image membership provides:
- 500 stock images
- 30 downloads per month
- Fresh content each month
- Only 30 downloads each month
- No templates or videos
Best for: Spiritual stock photos
Inspired Stock Shop
Inspired Stock Shop is for spiritual creatives and business owners. The exceptional photography complements any heart-led entrepreneur. With an extensive collection of images to choose for, these soulful images will take your branding to the next level.
Pricing: $49 monthly, $149 quarterly, $499 annually
Pros: Inspired Stock Shop membership offers:
- Over 7000 stock images and graphics
- Canva templates
- Monthly caption prompts
- Design reviews
- Marketing trainings
- Cancel anytime
- Only 30 downloads on the monthly plan
Best for: Stock images for everything
Deposit Photos are one of the biggest stock image sites on the web. Their vast range of stock photography can be used for all types of projects. They do have some high-quality feminine stock images to enhance your projects too.
Pricing: plans start from 10 downloads per month.
- Vast range of stock images
- Videos available
- No subscription required
- Vectors, illustrations, and collections
- Not the best feminine stock photos available
Adobe needs no introduction but did you know that they’re a stock image source too? With millions of high-quality graphics, illustrations, photos, videos, audio, and templates, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for.
Pricing: From around $20 depending on how many assets you require.
- Millions of stock images
- Free 30-day trial to give it a test run
- High quality images
- Can buy a credit pack if you don’t want a subscription
- Cheapest plan is only for 3 images monthly
Free Feminine Stock Photos
If you are planning a test project or have a very limited budget, these free feminine stock photo options may be the best option for you.
These sources that I’ve handpicked have a good selection of free beautiful photos for you to download. Alongside free styled photography, you’ll also find stock images for mockups and templates.
The pros of free stock images:
- Free royalty-free images for your projects
- High-quality and professional photos
- Quick and easy to download
- Canva also has free templates
The cons of free stock images:
- More likely to be used by more people
- Less creative and editorial images available
- Limited templates in Canva
- Some sites are more difficult to navigate
Pexels offers millions of free stock images and videos. It’s also easy to search for the feminine stock photos you require. You can browse collections and trending topics too.
Unsplash boasts an extensive selection of free stock images, from lifestyle and fashion to cooking and nature. There is also a paid option for members-only content.
Canva is a digital editing suite and stick photo resource. There’s also a wide range of templates for social media, printables, and more.
Kaboom Pics has an incredible selection of free stock images. These tend to be less cheesy than other free stock photo sites so if you want something more professional, it’s well worth a look.
While Stocksnap has fewer images than the likes of Pexels, you’ll still find high-quality stock photos to download for free. New images are added daily.
How to Choose The Best Feminine Stock Photos for Your Project
When it comes to selecting the best feminine stock photos for your project, there are a few things to consider:
- What is your budget?
With a lot of stock photo websites, you get for what you pay – if you’re willing to pay a little more, you typically find more unique and editorial style images than the low-cost or free websites.
- What type of license do you need?
If you’re only using feminine stock photos for personal projects, such as your website, you’ll find it easier to navigate the options available. Most stock photo sites require an extended license for reselling or client projects.
- How many stock images do you require?
If you only need one or two images, then Creative Market is a good option. If you’re going to use stock photos on a continual basis, signing up for a stock photo membership plan will give you better value for money.