When it comes to choosing the best eyeshadow colors for green eyes, it’s all about finding hues that complement and enhance your natural eye color.
The color wheel can be a helpful tool to guide you in the right direction. Shades that sit opposite green on the color wheel, such as purples and pinks, can create a stunning contrast that makes green eyes stand out. However, colors that are adjacent to green, such as warm browns and golds, can also bring out the subtle flecks of gold or hazel in your eyes.
MAC’s eyeshadows are a great place to start when searching for the perfect shades for your green eyes. Their extensive range of colors and finishes means you can create a variety of looks, from natural daytime to bold nighttime glam.
In this guide, you’ll discover:
- The best MAC eyeshadows for green eyes, from stunning mattes to gorgeous shimmers
- The best MAC eyeshadows for green eyes over 50
- How to make green eyes pop with eyeshadow
- Extra top eyeshadow application tips for a beautiful look every time you do your makeup
- 10 best MAC eyeshadows for blue eyes
- Best MAC eyeshadows for brown and hazel eyes
- 18 best MAC lipsticks for fair skin tones
- How to have a glow up and become your best self
Best MAC Eyeshadows for Green Eyes
What color eyeshadow will make green eyes pop? Golds, browns, and purples look exquisite on green eyes. Here are the best MAC eyeshadows for green eyes and fair skin, olive skin, and dark skin tones.
Gold eyeshadows are perfect for green eyes because they bring out the warm tones in your eyes.
Amber Lights is one of the best MAC eyeshadows for green eyes since the coppery hue provides a gorgeous contrast. This shimmer shade is beautifully formulated and I’d highly recommend having this in your collection as it’s so versatile.
All That Glitters is a pretty beige with gold pearl. This is a highly wearable shade that’s perfect for work or wearing during the day. Plus, it’ll make your green eyes sparkle.
Brown shades provide a neutral base that complements the green tones in your eyes.
MAC Saddle is a gorgeous matte brown that’s ideal to use in the crease of your eyes. For anyone over 50, this is one of the best MAC eyeshadows for green eyes, especially if you prefer to stick to ‘safer’ neutral tones.
Brun is a matte dark brown with a smooth, velvety finish – it works well smudged out in the crease or used as a liner. If you have dark hair, you can also use this as a brow color.
Soft Brown is another brilliant matte brown shadow that works well as a crease color or transition shade.
Purples are a complementary color to green, making them a great choice for green eyes.
MAC’s Sketch is perfect for a bold, smoky look. This dark burgundy looks absolutely gorgeous. I’d recommend pairing this with a light to medium pink like MAC Vex. Vex is a beige with pink pearl and frost finish.
MAC Stars and Rockets is an underrated purple with pink pearl. This shade looks breathtaking on green eyes. I also really like MAC Shale too. This is a muted mauve plum with very subtle shimmer – it’s a gorgeous fall shade and it looks great on those over 50 if you’re searching for something a little different.
Taupes are a versatile option for green eyes. They provide a subtle, natural look that can be dressed up or down.
Satin Taupe is one of the best MAC eyeshadows you can buy. It’s the ultimate fail-safe option as you can wear it alone and smudge it out, or you can pair it with a lighter grey tone beige for a soft, smoky look.
Omega is technically a soft beige taupe but this is another classic MAC eyeshadow that’s very wearable – everyone should have a tone like this in their collection as it’s highly versatile.
How to apply eyeshadow for green eyes
For a wearable smoky look, you can use a combination of MAC eyeshadows to create a subtle but dramatic effect.
For this look, you can use:
- Brun for your outer corner, blending out
- Amber Lights for your eyelid
- Blanc Type for your inner corner
- Sable to blend the colors together
To create the perfect smokey eye look, start by applying Brun eyeshadow to the outer corner of your eye and blend it towards the center of your lid.
Then, apply Amber Lights eyeshadow to the center of your lid and blend it towards the inner corner of your eye. Use a little Sable to blend each of the shades together.
Finally, apply Blanc Type to the brow bone and inner corner of your eye to highlight and brighten the area.
Eyeshadow application tips
To make the most of your MAC eyeshadows, it’s important to apply them correctly.
Here are some of my top tips for applying shadows, and making your looks last throughout the day (or evening).
- Use an eyeshadow primer. A good eyeshadow primer will help your shadow stay put. I love Urban Decay Primer Potion or Elf Eyelid Primer as a cheaper alternative.
- Use a damp brush. Applying your eyeshadow with a damp brush can help your shadows to blend better, and appear more vivid.
- Blend, blend, blend. Blending your eyeshadow is key to creating a seamless look. MAC’s 217S Blending Brush is one of the best for blending.
- Don’t forget the lower lash line. Applying eyeshadow to your lower lash line makes your eyes pop.
- Use a light hand when applying the eyeshadow. It’s much easier to add more color than to remove it, so start with a small amount and build up the intensity as needed.
Start Building Your Collection With The Best MAC Eyeshadows for Green Eyes
Now you know the very best MAC eyeshadows for green eyes, you can begin to build a brilliant collection.
There are no rules when it comes to makeup so if you prefer to use other shades than those listed here, don’t be afraid to experiment.
Creating fresh looks is fun and exciting – use these best MAC eyeshadows for green eyes as a starting point and guide to choosing the colors you love!