The ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow Palette recently got an update and I’m here to share a review of the upgraded version.
Featuring 10 stunning warm toned shades, the ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow Palette is perfect for creating an everyday look, or something a little more smokey if you’re planning a visit to somewhere glam.
Now known as part of The Perfect 10 Eyeshadow Palette range, in this review, I’m going to share my thoughts on the formulation, wearability, and longevity.
I’ve also got swatches below and information on where you can get hold of this affordable eyeshadow palette.
ELF Rose Gold Sunset Palette Price
The ELF Rose Gold Sunset Palette is priced £10 or $10 in the USA.
ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow Palette Where To Buy
ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow Palette Review
In this ELF The Perfect 10 eyeshadow palette review, I’ll give a brief overview of the product before delving into the formulation, packaging, price point, wearability and longevity, as well as the ingredients and swatches.
ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow Palette Overview
This ELF shadow palette has had an upgrade – I’m not sure if the formula has changed as I’ve never used the previous version. To my knowledge, it hasn’t. However, the packaging is now a sleek orange case instead of black.
The eyeshadows in the Rose Gold Sunset palette have no individual names – this particular palette contains warm toned beiges, browns, and roses.
In the packaging, it reminds me of Urban Decay – sadly, these shadows aren’t as good but they’re definitely decent for the price point.
Rose Gold Sunset contains 6 shimmer and 4 matte shades, some of which are more pigmented than others which I’ll go into below.
Formulation and shades
The formula of the shadows in this ELF palette feels soft and smooth.
The matte shadows are a little powdery and feel quite thin, but they’re super easy to blend and are buildable. The two lightest shimmer shades are not as pigmented as I’d hoped but again, these can be built up so it’s not a huge problem.
The stars of the show within this palette are ultimately the two shimmery browns and two shimmery reds in the middle of the compact. These have brilliant pigmentation and are easy to work with.
Another important thing to know is that ELF is 100% vegan. So, if you’re looking for a cheap cruelty-free makeup brand, this is one to note.
The palette shadows are housed within a lightweight plastic case. It feels sturdy enough to protect the product, while the size of the compact can fit into a pencil-sized makeup bag.
Priced £10/$10 for 10 shades, the ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow palette is an affordable option for anyone wanting to try these tones.
This palette is a great price point for those new to makeup. There aren’t many other options at the drugstore around this price – Revolution has a few – their palettes tend to be a little larger so they’re not as travel friendly.
Longevity and wearability
The colors within the Rose Gold Sunset palette are highly wearable. I love that each shade complements the others so it’s very easy to create a look.
For the most part, the smooth texture and good color payoff give you the flexibility to create various eye looks, whether you want a simple rose gold neutral eye or a smokey vibe.
The wear time on these shadows is also good. I noticed a little fading on the lighter shades after a couple of hours, so these work best over a primer or base. However, on application, the shades looked exactly how they did in the pan.
Suitability for different skin types and ages
Most ages can use this eyeshadow palette with ease since the bendability and pigmentation mean they’re easy to work with. You don’t need to be a pro at makeup to come up with a wearable look!
The color selection is also good for those who prefer to stick to wearable shades rather than anything bright.
If you have oily eyelids, apply a primer first so they last for as long as possible on the lid.
Below are the ingredients for the ELF Rose Gold Sunset shadow palette.
ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow Palette Swatches
Here are some swatches of the ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow palette taken in natural light.
Benefits of the ELF Shadow Palette
Here are some pros of using the ELF Rose Gold Sunset palette:
- Beautiful warm neutrals and rose tones to create an array of looks
- Smooth and blendable formula
- Good color payoff overall
- Sturdy packaging
- Affordable price
Cons of the ELF Rose Gold Sunset Palette
Here are some cons of using the ELF Rose Gold Sunset eyeshadow palette:
- Some shades are more pigmented than others
- People with oily eyelids will need a primer or base to get maximum wear time
- Some people may not like the warm tones in this palette
How to get the most out of ELF’s Perfect 10 eyeshadow palettes
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of the ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow palette.
- Prime your eyelids. Before applying any eyeshadow, prep your eyelids by applying an eyeshadow primer or a concealer as a base. This creates a smooth canvas for the eyeshadows, and improves their longevity.
- Experiment with color combinations. This palette offers a range of warm toned shades, so don’t be afraid to mix and match colors to create various eye looks. Try combining the warm neutrals with the rose gold shades to create different levels of depth and dimension.
- Layer and blend. The eyeshadows in the palette are buildable, meaning you can layer them to achieve your desired intensity. Start with a light application and gradually build up the color as needed. Use a blending brush to seamlessly blend the shades together for a smooth and cohesive look.
- Use different finishes. The palette contains eyeshadows in matte and shimmer finishes. Experiment with combining these finishes to add dimension to your eye looks. For example, you can use a matte shade as a transition color in the crease and add a pop of shimmer on the lid for a glamorous touch.
- Play with placement. Don’t limit yourself to applying eyeshadow only on the eyelid. You can also use the shades to define the lower lash line.
- Wet application for intensified color. If you’re looking for a more intense color payoff, you can dampen your eyeshadow brush with a setting spray or water before picking up the eyeshadow.
- Complete your look with eyeliner and mascara. To enhance your eye look, add eyeliner and mascara.
Feel free to experiment, have fun, and find the combinations and techniques that work best for you!
Does ELF eyeshadow have good pigment?
Yes, overall ELF eyeshadows have good pigment, although some shades are more pigmentated than others.
Is ELF eyeshadow safe for lips?
I don’t recommend using ELF eyeshadow on the lips. I would stick to using them solely on the eyes or cheeks.
Is there talc in ELF eyeshadow?
There is no talc in the ELF Rose Gold Sunset eyeshadow palette.
Is ELF Cosmetics good quality?
Yes, generally ELF Cosmetics is one of the better drugstore brands with excellent quality products.
ELF Rose Gold Sunset Eyeshadow Palette Review: Final Thoughts
The ELF Rose Gold Sunset eyeshadow palette is a solid choice for anyone looking for affordable warm tones to create a range of looks.
Do I think this is the best eyeshadow palette on the planet? No. But, for the price point, it’s very easy to work with and has a good variety of shades that work well together.
If you’re looking for a good starter eyeshadow palette, or a palette to travel with, without having to pay a lot of money, then I don’t think you’d be disappointed with this one.
If you want a palette with outstanding quality and are happy to pay a more premium price tag, I would consider Natasha Denona or Pat McGrath.